Many of you have already finished your DAT, completed your AADSAS application, finishing up secondaries, and waiting to hear back for interviews.
As promised, I will write a lot about interviews going forward. But, before starting to do that, I wanted to give you a glimpse of what topics I will cover. Below is a list of topics I’d like to cover.
- Pre Interview
- How to get 100X better at interviewing
- How to research the heck out of schools!
- How to get insider advice from the dental students
- How to some of the most common questions such as a) Tell me about yourself b) What are your strengths and weaknesses? c)Why Dentistry?
- How to talk about hobbies, freelancing careers, and skills that are related to dentistry
- How to answer some of the toughest questions
- How to be TRULY YOURSELF
- How to build an unshakable confidence in yourself without coming across as arrogant
- How to understand the question behind the question and answer the toughest interview question
- What if someone throws a curve ball at you during your interview
- How to save money during interviews
- What to wear during interviews
- How to interact with other interviewees
- How to decommoditize yourself and sell yourself during the interview
- How to be likable during interviews
- What questions you should not ask during interviews and what questions you should ask
- Post Interview
- How to send a thank you note and follow up
- What to do when you had a bad interview
- How to strategically network with dental students, adcoms and professors after your interview
This is not a complete list, so feel free to give me suggestions. Just shoot me an email at email@example.com and tell me what you’d like me to cover on this blog.